Monday, September 15, 2008

One To Go

After today, that is.

This is number 13 out of 14 inpatients. (Good thing I don't believe in bad luck.)

We're tucked away in a quiet corner room, next to someone who is having her last chemo. Talk about an upbeat atmosphere.

Now, you would think that having done this 12 times in the last 8 months, I would have the ritual down pat.

You would be wrong.

I forgot the pillow--Jake's nice king-size pillow. He is reduced to rearranging multiple hospital pillows to try and make himself comfortable.

Other than that, all is well. The 3rd season of Supernatural was released on DVD and came last week, so we're back to watching the Winchester Brothers' adventures. (Jake doesn't like it when I guess what's happening--I tell him I didn't watch years of X-Files and Buffy for nothing.)

His counts are low--his ANC just barely made the cut-off for doing chemo at 748. And his hematocrit is at 24, so he'll likely get a transfusion tonight of packed red blood cells. Might as well get it all done at once :)

No comments: