Sunday, January 6, 2008

In the beginning . . .

Jacob was an 11-year-old with a toothache.

Now he's a cancer patient.

Actually, I don't like that term to describe him. He "isn't" anything, except Jacob. And that's true no matter what the status of his health. So he isn't a cancer patient--he's just Jacob with cancer.

I'm starting this blog as a way to keep our family and friends informed in one place. As much as I love every single individual person who has contacted us and is praying for us, I don't have the hours in the day to respond individually to each of them. So here you can get it all--treatment, troubles, and triumphs.

First triumph? We have him home. There's nothing better than having my family under one roof. In fact, I think I'll go revel in it and leave more posting until later.

Why don't you go revel with your own family--you'll never regret it.

No comments: