Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Hair Yesterday, Gone Today

(Just a note--if you want a quick read on my state of mind, just scan the title. They get progressively sillier the more tired I am)





The day came.

Jake's head has been shaved.

It started Sunday in Primary. One minute I was leading the music, the next I was in the back of the room watching Jake pull out a clump of his hair.

We'd come up with ideas for making the headshaving a party--all of his friends, shaving patterns and/or a mohawk on him--but Jacob wanted it done quick and quiet. And he wanted Mom to do it.

So while Dad snapped away with the camera, I shaved my first head.

I didn't do too badly, if I do say so myself. Of course, the stubble is going to fall out over the next few days. And the eyebrows and eyelashes are also going to vanish.

But as we keep reminding Jake, "It grows back! You're not going to look like a white supremacist forever!"

Actually, wearing a black shirt and with his Xbox Rock Band microphone in hand, he looks a lot like a junior rock star.

But I'm still making him go to school.




5 comments:

Caleb's Mama said...

Jacob and Family,
Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you and praying for you. It was great to see Jacob at school today. I know that you will make it through all of this. Take Care.
Love, Mrs. Rogers

sharpest family said...

I'm so glad to see some pictures! Jake you look great! You know, a shaved head is really "in" right now. Seriously this look is good on you, consider keeping it after this is all over! Hang in there and hug your mom for me-I love that lady! Sis. Sharp

Jason Hansen said...

I hope that he realizes that chicks did the 'shaved' look. Be careful, when I good kid like Jacob does something like this, everyone will be doing it. You just may start a trend--

Hang in there--

Jason Hansen said...

Oops, I mean chicks dig the 'shaved' look!!

Karen said...

At least your head is nice and round, have you noticed Bro. Judd's? He has a big divot missing from when his sister threw a padlock at him and cut his head open! It looks good- when is your dad going to do his? Can't wait to see that one!
Love you all- Karen