Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Six Month Scans

All Clear.

There really aren't too many better feelings in the world than that.

I got the news by phone, since I am currently in Coeur d'Alene with my parents, Emma, and Spencer. It was Chris's job to get Jake to the hospital on June 1 for the MRI and chest CT. I warned him that Jake's least favorite part of it all is the putting in of the IV first (to be fair, an IV in the hand is quite painful). I sent Jake a "thinking of you" email Sunday night, and then waited Monday morning with breath held while taking the kids to breakfast at IHOP. As we pulled into the Costco parking lot (staying in a condo, so grocery shopping was essential) my cell phone rang. I promptly dropped it on the floor of the car and by the time I picked it up it had gone to voice mail.

I called back and got Jake. That was the moment I started breathing. I was quite sure Chris wouldn't have let him call if the news was bad. Not that I could tell from Jake's voice. The word "laconic" might have been invented for him.

"How was it?" I asked.

"Fine," he said.

"Did you get the results?"

(With a touch of surprise, as though he'd forgotten why he called) "Oh, yeah, They're clear."

And now we have three months of no worrying ahead.

I think I'll like this summer.

3 comments:

M. Fisk said...

Congratulations! Glad to hear the good news! Hope you really do enjoy the summer!

Katydid said...

So happy to hear. Enjoy your happy summer.

Jennifer said...

YEAH!!!!